Gamervania, LLC operates the Gamervania.com website (the “Site”) and provides its users with access to an on-line message board (the “Services”). This page is used to inform both registered users and non-registered visitors to Gamervania of our policies and procedures for the collection, processing, storage, transfer and disclosure of certain personally identifiable information from visitors to the Site. If you choose to use the Services, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation with this policy. Under applicable law, Gamervania, LLC is the “data controller” of personal data collected through the Services.
- Information You Provide: We collect certain information from you when you voluntarily provide such information. Such information may contain personally identifying information, and may include but not be limited to information such as your username, e-mail address, and any messages or images you transmit using the Services.
- Data We Collect Automatically (Log Data): We want to inform you that whenever you visit Gamervania.com, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s IP address, browser version, pages of our services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other similar statistics. We may store such information or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by affiliated third-parties or service providers. Gamervania, LLC may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to the Site as well as information on which external websites have referred visitors to the Site.
- Cookies: Cookies are files with small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. We employ cookies and similar technologies to keep track of your local computer’s settings such as which account you have logged into and notification settings. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services.
We may use third party web site analytic tools such as Google Analytics on our website that employ cookies to collect certain information concerning your use of our Services. However, you can disable cookies by changing your browser settings. Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider's website via your help screen. If you wish to opt out of Google Analytics, please click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Where Information Is Processed
Gamervania, LLC is based in Spain. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of your information in and to Spain. and other countries. The laws of Spain and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Your Data
The laws in some jurisdictions require that we tell you about the legal grounds we rely upon to use, process or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- Consent: At times we may collect, process, store, transfer or disclose your personal data on the basis of your implied or explicit consent.
- To Fulfill Our Contractual Obligations to You: In order to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, we must collect, process, and store your personal data and information. We must handle your personal data in this manner in order to create your Gamervania account. Furthermore, we may, at times, have to transfer and/or disclose your personal data to third parties in order to fulfill other of our contractual obligations to you.
Furtherance of Our Legitimate Interests: We may collect, process, store, transfer or disclose your personal data in furtherance of those legitimate interests of ours which are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms as set forth in the applicable laws. These legitimate interests include but are not limited to:
- Providing you with the Services;
- Protecting our users, staff and property; and
- Collecting information on how you use the Services in order to optimize the design of the Site.
- Communicating with you via e-mail for services you have explicitly opted into (e.g., notifications of replies or private conversations) or for communications regarding your account.
- Legal Compliance: We may collect, process, store, transfer or disclose your personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
- To Protect the Vital Interests of Yourself or Other Users: We may collect, process, store, transfer or disclose your personal data to help resolve an urgent medical situation.
Disclosure of Your Information
We consider the protection of your data to be one of our highest priorities. However, there are specific circumstances under which we may share your information with certain third parties:
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: From time-to-time we may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons: to facilitate our services; to provide the services on our behalf; to perform services-related services; or to assist us in analyzing how our services are used.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Gamervania, LLC, (iii) protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Aggregated or Non-Identifiable Data: We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business purposes.
- To Protect the Vital Interests of Yourself or Other Users: We may transfer or disclose your personal data to help resolve an urgent medical situation. For example, we may use a user’s personal data to locate said user and alert the local authorities where we receive credible information that said user is at risk of self-harm.
The Right to Your Data
Individuals in the United States, Canada, Costa Rica and some other jurisdictions outside the European Union have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them (including, in some cases, in portable form), and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. They may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data, to request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways.
You have a right to ask us to stop using or limit our use of your personal data in certain circumstances—for example, if we have no lawful basis to keep using your data, or if you think your personal data is inaccurate.
To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it or take other appropriate steps. Some data may be retained where there is a reason to restrict the processing of data instead of deleting it. In such instances, we may anonymize the data rather than deleting it. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
If you do not wish to receive personalized advertising that is delivered by third parties outside of the control of Gamervania, LLC, you may be able to exercise that choice through opt-out programs that are administered by third parties, including the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). If you choose to opt-out of personalized advertisements, you will, instead, receive generalized advertisements from our partners.
Links to Other Sites
We value your trust in providing us your personal data, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.